The CompTIA Network+ Certification has been accepted by Apple as an entry-point credential to join the Apple Consultants Network.
The Apple Consultants Network (ACN) is a fee-based membership program specifically designed for IT professionals who deliver services for Mac and/or iOS mobile devices (iPhone and iPad).
Once you have joined the ACN program and completed Apple’s mobility learning path, you are well positioned to offer consulting services for iOS deployment and integration. With increasing demand for mobility solutions, your involvement in the ACN program can help you pursue a new source of revenue for your business.
Source: CompTIA – Apple Consultants Network
Study, Practice, and Review for the CompTIA Network+ exam (N10-004) using the
CompTIA Network+ Certification Kit.
The Network Engineer I supports hospital enterprise-wide network and security environments.
Associates in Computer Technology or IT or related field or combination education and experience. CCNA or JNCIA certification (current or expired).
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in implementing or supporting wireless technologies.
- Three (3) or more years of experience maintaining and configuring routers and switches.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with an enterprise-class network.
- Two (2) or more years of experience creating and supporting firewalls/virtual private networks.
- Advanced Cisco/Juniper Certifications.
- Bachelors in Computer Information Systems or related field.
- CompTIA A+, Network+ or Security+.
- Excellent customer services skills and effective communication skills (written and oral).
- Experience with network security and Linux.
- F5 experience.
- Previous experience in a Healthcare IT environment.
Info Technology Infrastructure – Network Engineer I
New survey data finds it’s tougher to recruit skilled professionals in the tech field than it is in other professional areas, including accounting and finance, legal, and advertising and marketing departments. Compared to their counterparts in other employment sectors, more CIOs say recruiting is a challenge, according to Robert Half International.
On the hiring front, CIOs cited the most difficulty finding skilled candidates in networking, security and technical support. Candidates with a solid knowledge of cloud computing, VoIP and software as a service are highly sought, Robert Half reports. Database developers are also in demand.
CIOs struggle to find IT talent
ChasM’s delivers the latest screenshots (walkthroughs) for Internet applications for ISPs, helpdesks and their customers. These include Windows OS, Mac, Ubuntu, email, browsers, security, spam, routers, modems, networking, game consoles, phones, etc.
Are you on the phone with a client and need to walk him through the steps to connect his iPad to his wireless network and then setting up his email account?
Then chasms.com is your guide.
Screenshots of Internet Applications
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials specialty certification demonstrates an individual knows what cloud computing means from a business and technical perspective, as well as what is involved in moving to and governing the cloud.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials Exam
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials exam covers characteristics of cloud services from a business perspective, business value of cloud computing, technical perspective/cloud types, steps to successful adoption, impact and changes on IT service management, and the risks and consequences.
Content of the CompTIA Cloud Essentials exam is based on consultation and insights from leading subject matter experts and organizations in the cloud computing market, including Amazon, Cisco, Citrix, EMC, Google, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Rackspace and VMware. Areas covered in the exam include:
- Configuration of networks, including archive, backup, and restoration technologies.
- Business continuity and storage administration
- System integration and application workload
- Basic troubleshooting and connectivity
Demand for IT Workers
According to Terry Erdle, executive vice president, skills certification, CompTIA, as use of the cloud expands, the demand for IT workers with cloud computing knowledge grows as well. There are many more jobs that may not specifically mention cloud computing, but are directly tied to the cloud. These include jobs in a data center, which is the back end for anything involving cloud computing. Database management, network management, systems administration and integration and many other IT positions also have a cloud component. Individuals in these job roles and scores of others are candidates for CompTIA Cloud Essentials.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials
Under general supervision, the Sr PC Technology Specialist performs moderately complex analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design, installation and maintenance of new and existing personal computer systems and peripheral devises. May also perform work to support and maintain telephone systems.
Performs work on moderately complex applications to ensure smooth PC operations for end users.
Confers with end users to understand what issues or difficulties they are experiencing or to establish what their needs may be and then determines hardware or software resolutions. May interface with corporate IT departments or perform research to analyze and resolve technical issues. May train end users in the use of software, hardware or telephone systems.
Prepares progress reports on worked performed to ensure that daily activity is captured correctly for historical purposes, to document installation procedures and to track customer service levels.
May provide end users access and authorization to various systems to maintain the appropriate security measures.
Installs, configures or re-configures PC hardware and software as requested or apparent. This may include, but is not limited to moving physical equipment, including printers and/or installing cable. May also maintain or utilize telecommunications protocols for the division or location. Maintains an adequate spare parts inventory of systems, subsystems and component parts used for repair work.
Participates in meetings to ensure that centralized information technology functions are communicated and disseminated to the appropriate site/division personnel. May participate in the strategic planning, coordination and implementation of system support activities at a division or department.
May act as a resource to less experienced PC technicians to assist them in their roles and understanding of more complex microenvironment support functions.
A thorough knowledge and understanding of microcomputer environments and related systems required. A+ certification required. One or more courses in Core Microsoft Technologies education is preferred.
Information Technology – Sr PC Technology Specialist
CompuCom is seeking Installation Technicians for installation refreshes of desktops, POS systems, servers, and printers for a major national account in retail store environments.
Leveraging best practices, tested technologies and experience, the Technicians will ensure high availability, efficiency and security to all access devices.
The Technicians must be available for various shift coverage and staggered start times.
CompTIA A+ certified strongly preferred.
TERROS is looking for a IT Support Specialist.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a technical or desktop support role in a Windows environment
- Minimum two (2) years customer service experience
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred
- Associates degree specializing in information technology preferred
- Additional education, experience and certifications will also be considered
- Experience in the behavioral healthcare industry and with HIPAA regulations is preferred but not required
- This person must be able to function in an increasingly demanding managed healthcare environment
IT Support Specialist
Install, setup, and monitor local area network (LAN). Perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure LAN performance meets company and user requirements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Certification, and Relevant Experience):
- Must be CompTIA A+ certified
- Must be Network+ certified
- Familiar with BISCI ans IEEE cabling standards.
- Windows XP OS, desktop support
- Knowledge of wireless networking, IP addressing and DHCP/ bootp network services
- Knowledge of computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel / strong interpersonal skills
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Ability to provide technical training.
- Must have combination of at least 3 years’ experience and / or Bachelor’s degree
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
For more info and to apply
Heartland Payment Systems is currently seeking a skilled IT Desktop Support Infrastructure Engineer to join their team. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining internal IT related operations, including networks, desktop support, hardware troubleshooting, and connections to the Internet.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Four year degree in Computer Information Systems or related field from an accredited college/university preferred
- 3 plus years experience with CIS degree OR 7 plus years experience in the field
- Any of the following Current Certifications Highly Desired: CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+), Microsoft (MCP, MCSE, MCDBA), CISSP, BICSI (RITP)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
For more info and to apply